As you've probably experienced, your sense of smell is closely connected to the way you feel. After all, a mere whiff of a familiar scent on the breeze can inspire a dramatic flood of memories. But, did you know that you can use this power to help change your mood?
We have listed seven transformational and uplifting scents below, but In addition to the scents themselves, all these candles are made from Soy wax. As the name suggests, soy wax is made from the Soybean which means that it is 100% natural, 100% renewable and 100% environmentally friendly.
Our top 6 reasons for choosing a soy wax candle
1. Longer Burning - Soy wax has a lower melting point which means it burns up to 50% longer than paraffin wax candles.
2. Non-Toxic - As soy wax is made from vegetable oil it is clean burning and releases no known carcinogens when it is burnt.
3. Better Fragrance - Due to the lower melting temperature of the wax, a healthier ‘wax pool’ around the wick is created. This ‘wax pool’ allows the fragrance oils to more easily vaporise, and thus releasing more fragrance into the home.
4. Renewable Resource - Soybeans are an environmentally friendly, sustainable and a renewable resource.
5. Easier to clean - Spills of soy wax is much easier to get out of fabrics or table cloths as it is biodegradable, with a simple wipe and its gone.
6. Clean burning - Soy burns clean which means minimal soot is released. No more black walls.
Seven transformational and uplifting scents you should know about
For relaxation: bay leaf
Are you stressed about work, study or relationships? Are you having trouble sleeping? Do you wish you could relax more, but find yourself tensed up by distracting thoughts? If you answered yes, it's the scent of bay leaf you need. It can calm you down in seconds and help treat insomnia.
To feel energised: orange
Orange has the opposite effect to lavender. Like other citrus scents, it wakes you up and gives you energy. So, if you're feeling drowsy, lazy or weak, pick yourself up by lighting orange-infused scented candles.
To boost alertness: jasmine
Sometimes you need to give 100% attention to something - be it a person, a place or an event. Whenever this is the case, you can use the scent of jasmine to boost your alertness. What's more, it can assist in improving hand-to-eye coordination.
To increase your libido: pink pepper
There's a reason why the word spicy is used, not only in cooking, but in the bedroom, too. Pink pepper can inspire you to perspire and pump up your heart rate, thereby increasing your libido.
For balance: English rose
Feeling all out of sync? Sick of your feeling that you're moving in three directions at once and unable to find your inner peace? By lighting rose scented candles, you can enjoy a renewed sense of balance and calm.
For positivity: black pomegranate
When you want to put the bounce back in your step and a smile on your dial, get yourself some black pomegranate scent. It can give your serotonin levels a serious kick, having a similar effect to that of eating chocolate (but without the calories!).
For focus: cedar
Studying for an exam? Preparing for a job interview? Need to get an important task done, quickly? Cedar is your friend. It can intensify your focus and help you concentrate better.
Now, it's time for some experimenting. Choose your desired mood and a scent to match and get started!